Muusikoiden.net

Keskustelua raskaammasta musiikista »

Keskustelualueet | Lisää kirjoitus aiheeseen | HakuSäännöt & Ohjeet | FAQ | Kirjaudu sisään | Rekisteröidy

Aihe: Church of Misery “Houses of the Unholy” (Rise Above) 22.4.09
1 2
mega
18.03.2009 11:18:45 (muokattu 18.03.2009 12:12:13)
Kotisivu       Linkitä kirjoitukseen Tulosta  

Hyvää pörinää yhdistettynä grooveen ja mielenkiintoisiin tarinoihin ihmisiä listineistä psykopaateista tarjoilee japanilainen Church of Misery huhtikuun loppupuolella julkaistavalla neljännellä täyspitkällään "Houses of the Unholy". Friikeille ja faneille levystä on tarjolla jo ennakkotilausmahdollisuus die hard -vinyyliversiosta: http://www.riseaboverecords.com/products/view/270

Biisilista:

1. El Padrino (Adolfo De Jesus Constanzo) 08:51
2. Shotgun Boogie (James Oliver Huberty) 04:16
3. The Gray Man (Albert Fish) 05:46
4. Blood Sucking Freak (Richard Trenton Chase) 08:34
5. Master Heartache 05:17
6. Born To Raise Hell (Richard Speck) 07:33
7. Badlands (Charles Starkweather & Caril Fugate) 07:58

Total playing time_48:15

http://www.churchofmisery.net/
http://www.myspace.com/churchofserialkiller

Lontooksi infoa yhtyeestä:

From the Land Of The Rising Sun come these not so jolly murder-obsessed Sabbath freaks, Church Of Misery. Here with their third full-length studio album Houses Of The Unholy, they join forces with cult British label Rise Above Records. Born back in 1995 out of a love of early 70s Hard Rock and traditional Doom Metal, Church Of Misery set about assaulting ears and minds the world over with their notorious dedications to some of the sickest known serial killers in modern history; Denis Nilsen, Jeffrey Dahmer and Richard Ramirez to name but a few.

This combination of disturbing lyrical imagery infused with their frantic brand of Wah Wah driven Acid Metal conjures up images of a latter-day Manson Family sitting around in blood-spattered tie-dye contemplating their next sinister move. Whereas other left field Japanese rock bands such as Boris, Melt Banana, Galhammer, Boredoms and have managed to achieve a reasonable amount of media coverage and live status on European shores over the past couple of decades, the activities Church Of Misery seem to have remained encased in a morgue of confusion and mystery.

With the exception of Master Of Brutality (the debut full-length album originally released in 2001 on Southern Lord Recordings) most of the bands previous releases are extremely scarce, available only in obscure outlets on equally obscure labels. Now, with worldwide distribution, solid touring and the right marketing, a newfound status is pretty much guaranteed. Highlights from the album have to be the epic closer Badlands and the utterly infectious Blood Sucking Freak. We are also treated to a throat-wrenching rendition of Sir Lord Baltimores 1970 classic Master Heartache.

Big players in the Japanese underground, Church Of Misery members operate on various sidelines. Both Mikami and Negishi are members of Hardcore Rock n Roll act G.A.T.E.S. in collusion with Masahiro Futatsugi, guitarist with Crustcore band LIFE and ex-Slogg drummer Fukawa. Another project of Mikamis is Sonic Flower, a 70s influenced Hard Rock band featuring Bucket -T drummer Katarao. The bassist has also teamed up with Industrial band Long Dream Dead. Negishi is also busy with Coffins, a side band featuring members of Sludge band DOT(.).

For their collective main band however, Houses Of The Unholy is finally here, at last giving you the first real chance to discover the glorious delights of this blood curdling eastern enigma.

"I'm not as young as I used to be, but I'll still be thrashing at a hundred and three (you'll see!)" - Razor "Taste the Floor"
mega
22.04.2009 08:05:42

Imperiumi.net:ssä Klemin Antille levy maistui 9/10 edestä: http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=albums&id=8907

"I'm not as young as I used to be, but I'll still be thrashing at a hundred and three (you'll see!)" - Razor "Taste the Floor"
aro
22.04.2009 10:51:42
      Linkitä kirjoitukseen Tulosta  

Ainakin El Padrino murskaa myspacessa. Tulis nyt kauppoihin vaan!

mega
22.04.2009 12:31:30 (muokattu 22.04.2009 12:31:47)

aro: Ainakin El Padrino murskaa myspacessa. Tulis nyt kauppoihin vaan!

Euroopan jakelijalla on ollut jonkinlaisia vaikeuksia toimittaa levyä Suomeen, joten siksi levyä ei Suomen kaupoissa ole. Tarkkaa julkaisupäivää on vaikea sanoa, mutat toivottavasti mahdollisimman pian.

Sarko
23.04.2009 15:52:48

Tää on aivan perkeleen kova, tasaista laatua nousevan auringon maasta! Sairasta runttaa vaikkei ihan Second Comingin törkeysasteelle pääsekään.

I like music that's more offensive. I like it to sound like nails on a blackboard, get me wild. -James Osterberg
mega
07.05.2009 16:23:08

Levy ensi viikon keskiviikkona 13.5. vihdoin ja viimein myös Suomesta saatavilla kaikista hyvin varustelluista levykaupoista. Vinyylipainos perhana oli ehtinyt mennä jo loppuun, toivon mukaan sitä vielä kumminkin jossain vaiheessa saataisiin Suomeen saakka.

aro
14.05.2009 10:53:43

Haloo. Tässä vuoden levy. Vittu_mitkä_soundit! Järkyttävä groove alusta loppuun ja hullu laulaja kruunaa potin.

mega
27.05.2009 07:43:25

Antti Klemi Imperiumista jututti bändiä: http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=interviews&id=1154

Komia tuplavinyylikin toivon mukaan vihdoin ja viimein saatavilla myös Suomessa parin viikon päästä.

kojones
29.05.2009 00:11:57

Ehkä kuluvan vuosituhannen paras levy tähän asti, viikset kasvaa välittömästi.

mega
04.06.2009 18:06:39

Tyylikäs tuplavinyyli avattavilla kansilla ja 8-sivuisella vihkosella varustettuna ensi viikolla vihdoin ja viimein kaikissa hyvinvarustelluissa levykaupoissa. Tarjolla vinkeitä värivinyyleitä (lime green, glitter purppura ja läpinäkyvä).

Biisilista:

Side A

El Padrino (Adolfo De Jesus Constanzo) 8:51
Shotgun Boogie (James Oliver Huberty) 4:16
The Gray Man (Albert Fish) 5:46

Side B

Blood Sucking Freak (Richard Trenton Chase) 8:34
Master Heartache 5:17

Side C

Born To Raise Hell (Richard Speck) 7:33
Badlands (Charles Starkweather & Caril Fugate) 7:58

Side Four

Etched.

kyuss
09.06.2009 23:13:40

Pitäsköhän tuo älppy hakia huomenna äxästä.

ovaap
11.06.2009 00:45:33

kyuss: Pitäsköhän tuo älppy hakia huomenna äxästä.

Pitäis. Ite hain omani juurikin tänään ja voi hyvänen aika sentään kun on röyhkeetä musiikkia! Just sitä mitä CoM:ltä odottikin, mutta vain ja ainoastaan positiivisessa mielessä. Ja siitä paketista täytyy tosiaan sanoa että jotenkin irvokasta kuunnella sarjamurhaajadoomia raikkaan limenvihreeltä LP:ltä. heh

you have to live before you die young
Seppo_Howitzer
28.07.2009 23:10:43

Tämä on kyllä yksi parhaista levyistä vähään aikaan. Suosikkibiisi on tällä hetkellä Blood Sucking Freak. Mitenkäs nuo vanhemmat levyt, ovatko hankkimisen arvoisia?

AK80
28.10.2009 15:12:33

Onpas muuten perkeleen kova levy. Löysin koko bändin vasta äskettäin Roadburn vahvistuksen tiimoilta...

Last Sucker...
Mosaiikki
20.12.2009 20:57:01

CHURCH OF MISERY SUOMEEN MAALISKUUSSA
Let there be DOOM

Keskiviikko 24.3.2010 Helsinki, Kuudes Linja
Torstai 25.3.2010 Jyväskylä, Lutakko
Perjantai 26.3 Oulu, Nuclear Nightclub

Church Of Misery (チャーチ・オブ・ミザリ) is a japanese doom metal band with a specific extra-groovy sound that is often described as stoner doom but the band tends to snub this term saying We hate trend. We hate corporate attitude. We hate the word stoner. Death to false stoners!! Let there be DOOM!

From the Land Of The Rising Sun come these not so jolly murder-obsessed Sabbath freaks, Church Of Misery. Born back in 1995 out of a love of early 70s Hard Rock and traditional Doom Metal, Church Of Misery set about assaulting ears and minds the world over with their notorious dedications to some of the sickest known serial killers in modern history; Denis Nilsen, Jeffrey Dahmer and Richard Ramirez to name but a few.

This combination of disturbing lyrical imagery infused with their frantic brand of Wah Wah driven Acid Metal conjures up images of a latter-day Manson Family sitting around in blood-spattered tie-dye contemplating their next sinister move. Whereas other left field Japanese rock bands such as Boris, Melt Banana, Galhammer, Boredoms and have managed to achieve a reasonable amount of media coverage and live status on European shores over the past couple of decades, the activities Church Of Misery seem to have remained encased in a morgue of confusion and mystery.

Big players in the Japanese underground, Church Of Misery members operate on various sidelines. Both Mikami and Negishi are members of Hardcore Rock n Roll act G.A.T.E.S. in collusion with Masahiro Futatsugi, guitarist with Crustcore band LIFE and ex-Slogg drummer Fukawa. Another project of Mikamis is Sonic Flower, a 70s influenced Hard Rock band featuring Bucket -T drummer Katarao. The bassist has also teamed up with Industrial band Long Dream Dead. Negishi is also busy with Coffins, a side band featuring members of Sludge band DOT(.).

http://www.myspace.com/churchofserialkiller

Helsinki, Kuudes Linja liput 12€/14€
Helsingin ennakko Tiketistä 15.1.2010 alkaen.

KillingMachine
21.12.2009 10:51:38

Hui saakeli! Paikalla ollaan. Houses of the Unholya en oo kuunnellu mutta Master of Brutality on pirun kovaa kamaa.

J.Newkid
22.12.2009 01:28:11
Kotisivu Musiikkinäyte       Linkitä kirjoitukseen Tulosta  

Huhhuh! Pakko olla tontilla!
Juuri rykäsin stadista pälkäneelle ja takaisin juurikin Houses of the Unholyn ja pimeyden ja lumimyräkän siivittämänä. (Tosin joku Immortal olisi toiminut ilmastovibraatioihin paremmin)

Imperanon influences lay strong under the style of Children of Bodom, but imo they are no COB II: just consider the difference in guitar techniques , in temperament, and above all in drumming. Great drumming by Jaakko Nylund who is a founder member of t
Mosaiikki
22.12.2009 10:05:11

CoMin lisäksi kutosella Fleshpress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8iCG8lpvY

WinterMad
22.12.2009 13:13:06

Pitääpä harkita, jos tuota lähtisi Lutakkoon katselemaan tuota yhtyettä.
Muuten menisin kyllä tuohon lähistölle Nukeen, mutta ikä on sen 5kk vajaa.

Mosaiikki
13.01.2010 11:58:02

Esimakua, liput myyntiin pe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQbdQTglSy4

« edellinen sivu | seuraava sivu »
1 2

» Lisää uusi kirjoitus aiheeseen (Vaatii kirjautumisen)

Keskustelualueet «
Haku tästä aiheesta / Haku «
Säännöt «