We are Hypergravity, an international (Finnish, Italian and Persian) rock band: vocalist, guitarist, keyboard player and drummer. We are now looking for a new bassist. Our style is not easily defined, as we are a mixture of rock and metal with some contaminations from jazz and classical music.
- Influences: Rush, Savatage, Queensryche, early Genesis and Dream Theater, Deep Purple, Opeth, King Crimson etc. The new songs incorporate some jazz and fusion elements, harmonic minors, odd time signatures and simple polyrhythms.
- Ready songs (with our older name) can be found at
These are rearranged tracks from a previous project of the guitarist, so they are simpler and less progressive than our work in progress.
- Our current keyboardist joined last Autumn, and the above have all been rearranged with new sounds and orchestrations. The new band members can record already on these new demo versions.
- Besides these old songs, we have plenty of drafted ideas and two new songs.
- We aim to complete the line-up asap to finalize the new material and start doing gigs. We are going to be a *live* band, and wish to be on stage as much as possible.
- Everybody brings their own style to the band, nothing already recorded is written in stone. Everything you can listen from us so far contains only *guidelines* for bass: you will participate actively in the composing process, and each and every instrument counts 1/5, exactly like the others.
- Extremely cheap (almost free) rehearsal place in the Helsinki centre, anybody can afford it. We are not planning any investment at the moment.
- We require commitment, reliability and will to experiment. We all have our day jobs, but we are ambitious and take music very seriously.
- It's also important to listen to different music genres, ability to play over different time signatures and a good feel for dynamics.
- Rehearsals once per wee