Muusikoiden.net
HOTONE - pienimmät pedaalit koskaan? 

Bassot »

Keskustelualueet | Lisää kirjoitus aiheeseen | HakuSäännöt & Ohjeet | FAQ | Kirjaudu sisään | Rekisteröidy

Aihe: Quick search in Helsinki and.. Ibanez ATK800 - wow!
MC44
05.01.2013 17:03:46
      Linkitä kirjoitukseen Tulosta  

Hi everybody! Sorry for writing in English! My written Finnish is just too pure! :)
I took a trip to Helsinki yesterday and visited most of the music stores there. What did I discover? Well, I tried appr 10-15 Fender jazz and precision basses in Fazer, mostly MIAs but also a few MIMs. I have to say that none of them wasn't good enough to consider a purchase. Dull sound, nonresonant wood, bad fretwork, even bad tuners. Also, the setup was poor! No purchase!
I visited Musamaailma and found some great instruments that carried ESP brand name. Jesse was kind enough to let me try different basses and I felt that I might order an ESP Vintage P very soon. Also tried some Warwicks and an Euro Spector. Although I never had a chance to try a good Warwick bass so far I finally got a chance to change my mind about Warwicks. There was a custom shop 4-string (4000 EUR) that felt and sounded just awesome. Almost like a bass guitar! :) Unluckily the string spacing at the bridge was too tight for my taste. So no purchase!
The Spector was not a good bass, felt like a tool for a blacksmith (or something like that) but not as a musical instrument. The sound wasn't musical at all too. So no purchase either. Sorry Jesse! :)

But.. Then I tried a new Ibanez ATK 800 in Levytukku and wow.. Just Wow! This instrument look great, feels great, plays great and the most important - sounds even better! It had a light and very resonant body, low action and great neck profile. I think they use a new preamp because I found other ATKs hanging besides the 800 like children toys. They were much heavier, duller and the preamp sounded like a crap. But the 800 felt like a 10 000 EUR instrument. Nothing like your usual Ibanez. Believe me, I have a bunch of very expensive basses hanging on the wall. And this EUR700 bass made me feel I need another bass. I am still considering! (Thanks Janne!)
So watch out - there's a new "guy" in town! :) Highly suggested!

Best wishes! :)
MC44
05.01.2013 17:19:20

Just wanted to add that the bass basically plays itself. Really a great instrument! Especially for the money! :)

Best wishes! :)
Michel de
28.01.2013 22:54:53

MC44: Just wanted to add that the bass basically plays itself. Really a great instrument! Especially for the money! :)

This bass was selected as "editor's choice/favorite" in BassPlayer magazine. There is a very praising (brief) review of the bass in the latest issue. Price/quality ratio undoubtedly extremely good in this bass.

Michel de
29.01.2013 09:29:13

Michel de: This bass was selected as "editor's choice/favorite" in BassPlayer magazine. There is a very praising (brief) review of the bass in the latest issue. Price/quality ratio undoubtedly extremely good in this bass.

Actualy, I made a mistake. The bass in the BassPlayer review was Ibanez ATK805 (five strings) not ATK800. But It's likely that ATK800 carries the same quality.

cthulhu98
29.01.2013 19:04:41

Atk 800 is amazing. And SR premium is better than prestige model...
Can't wait to get my hands on BTB premium! :):):)

Respect my authoritah!
« edellinen sivu | seuraava sivu »

» Lisää uusi kirjoitus aiheeseen (Vaatii kirjautumisen)

» Kirjaudu sisään

Keskustelualueet «
Haku tästä aiheesta / Haku «
Säännöt «

Copyright ©1999-2016, Muusikoiden Net ry. Kaikki oikeudet pidätetään.
Palaute | Käyttöehdot | Rekisteriseloste | Netiketti | Mediakortti